Our client Solynta is a young technology company that develops and implements hybrid breeding technology in diploid potatoes. This technology will accelerate the development of innovative potato varieties, with true seed as starting material. Horticruitment is looking for a Agronomy Researcher for Solynta.
You are the specialist in the field of (potato) agronomy, you have extensive knowledge and experience in designing and performing successful field trials. You have knowledge of relevant disciplines such as plant physiology, statistics and cropping systems analysis. Analysis of extensive data-sets are your core competences. You are a good and professional communicator.
You also enjoy bridging the gap between performing research and translating results to practical applications. You function as a go-to information source to support technical product management, both in-house as well as in relation to external partners. You know how to work in projects and are able to manage different topics simultaneously. You support colleague specialists in their development. You are an innovative researcher who likes to be challenged, and have an open mind to collaborate successfully with researchers from other disciplines.
• You supervise trial design and analysis
• You will develop field trial analysis tools
• Report results and present conclusions
• Run Agronomy research program by translating crop management problems into solid
• Communicate results and conclusions to Breeding and Product Management teams
• Take initiatives to use data collected across cropping systems for integrated analysis
• Stay up to date with new developments in potato agronomy
• Develop improve and implement new efficient data collection methods
• Innovative mindset
• PhD or Msc. + relevant research experience in Agronomy/Applied biology/Plant breeding
• 5-10 years of experience in Agronomy research
• Knowledge of crop management and cropping systems
• Extensive statistical knowledge preferably in analysis of genotype x environment interactions
• Communicate across functions and teams, in- and externally
• Ability to support and supervise
• Experience in working with open field crops
• Programming skills (R, Python)
• Experience with Remote sensing or drone-based phenotyping
• A one-year employment contract with the prospect of permanent employment
• A competitive salary depending on work experience and education
• The opportunity to become part of an enthusiastic group of people working on one of the world's most promising innovations for improving food supply!
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
|Phone:||06 - 517 441 45|